Canal Culture
  • Moscow Canal

     Before 1947, Moscow Canal was named “Moscow-Volga River Canal”. Located in the north of capital city Moscow of Russia, it connects Moscow with Volga River. It starts from Dubna on the right bank of Volga River and ends at left bank of Moscow River in the northwest of Moscow, with total length of 128km (including length of reservoir of 19.4km). The construction was commenced in 1932 and completed in 1937. There are 9 sluices, 6 reservoirs and many hydropower stations built on the Canal. Moscow Canal shortens the voyage between Moscow to Nizhny Novgorod and St. Petersburg by 110km and 1100km respectively.

© 2012 Hangzhou Canal Group Company
Telephone: (0571) 82788866  Zhe ICP Bei No. 11051166 Technical Support:Mountor Corp  Browse statistics:62298times