<p>Xiangji Temple is located in Xiangshu Temple, Hushu, Hangzhou. It was built in Song Taiping Xingguo three years (978). It has a history of more than 1,000 years. It was originally known as Xingfu Temple, and during the Dazhongxiang Fu years, Song Zhenzong gave his name. Xiangji Temple has been known as the “first incense of the canal”.</p>
The original pagoda in Xiangji Temple was built in the 52nd year of Qing Emperor Kangxi (1713). According to "Hushu Zhiluo", Yu Xiangwen lived in Xiangji Temple during the Kangxi period and expanded the temple base to build the Pilu Pavilion. There are only two towers in front of the temple. There is only one tower in the temple. The tower is eight-story and nine-story. There is a sacred seat underneath. It is carved with white stone, and it is like a wooden structure. The arch is imitation of the Song style. The third floor is suspended from the east. The word "Ciyun" has a half-opening, and the fifth floor has a door open. There is a god Buddha coming out from the door. The tower structure and relief style are representative works of the Qing Dynasty. In 1963, the tower was listed as a key cultural relics protection unit by the Hangzhou Municipal People's Government. In 1997, it was listed as a key cultural relics protection unit in Zhejiang Province.
In the initial stage of Xiangji Temple, although the Northern Song Dynasty was used, the actual rule has not changed fundamentally. The real ruler is still Qian Qian, and Qian Qian has lived in Buddhism and built many temples and Buddhas in Hangzhou. The tower, therefore, in the early days of the Xiangji Temple, it still maintained the style of Wuyue. Later, due to the darkness of the political dynasty in the last years of the Yuan Dynasty, the ruins of the soldiers, the people were not happy, the Xiangji Temple and other temples had suffered the same disaster. At the beginning of the founding of the Ming Dynasty, due to the experience of the founding head of the Ming Dynasty, Zhu Yuanzhang, and the large-scale demolition and integration of Buddhism at the same time, the Xiangji Temple and surrounding temples were reconstructed on a large scale. Expansion, Ming Hongwu twenty-four years (1391), Xiangji Temple has become a large temple in the Buddhist jungle. During the reign of Emperor Kangxi of the Qing Dynasty, the construction of the Pilu Pavilion and the Twin Towers made the development of Xiangji Temple reach its peak.