With total area of 800 square meters with overall floorage of 300 square meters, Fuyi Granary was composed of three halls and three rows of warehouse and was in charge by Tan Zhonglin, the governor of Zhejiang at the time. The construction of granary was commenced in the 6th year of Guangxu Reign in Qing Dynasty (1880) and was completed in 10th year of Guangxu Reign (1884). It is one of the most famous existing old granaries along the Grand Canal and shares the same reputation as Nanxin Granary in Beijing as “National Granary”. Fuyi literally means rich and rightness and was abstracted from “the benevolence acquires wealth, while the moderate is righteous”. It is now listed as cultural relic under provincial protection.

© 2012 Hangzhou Canal Group Company
Telephone: (0571) 82788866  Zhe ICP Bei No. 11051166 Technical Support:Mountor Corp  Browse statistics:62298times